Tuesday 1 March 2011

only about 1.5 months late but... part 2

So basically I still have a lot of things that I forgot to tell you yesterday, and some questions people ask me that I forgot to answer, and rather than lose sleep over it I thought I'd be needy and write another passage in my blog.
Right now I'm in the part of school that I hate, Biology. It's taught in Danish, but not that that matters too much as I probably wouldn't understand it in English either. I don't personally mind biology, except on Tuesdays I have three lessons in a row of it, so its 2 hours and 15 minutes of watching a guy write on the blackboard words I don't understand, and then pointing at them until I nod unconvincingly. It's a blast. So I thought I might as well kill some time.
One of the things I forgot to talk about is Copenhagen, and the fact that it is amazing. The whole place is like a minimum of 400 years old. Just so you all know, the oldest building in Australia is 200 years old, and Australia was only settled by Captain Cook in 1770... So most of these people's houses were built before Australia was even a colony. So most of the buildings tend to look somewhat like this




Yeah, that cute.

The only downside is most of the shopping is ridiculously expensive, for an exchange student anyway. The upside is so many shops are just so fricken adorable.
Snow is something I have trouble getting over. It's really really really awesome. For those of you who've never seen it properly, like me before I got here, it reminds me of seriously cold coconut that melts when you touch it, and is a lot prettier and less annoying to get all over your fingers. However, its incredibly irritating when it gets in you're eyes when you're riding your bike to school.
As for the language... Trying to speak Danish reminds me of watching a Lady Gaga video. You know there is a concept, but it just happens to allude you. There is a lot of stuff that shouldn't be there at all, and you eventually decide that the entire thing was purposely meant to screw with your mind as much as possible, and it does an excellent job. Also, you can't help but be turned on in a strange, unsettling way. No, just kidding, Danish, in reality, is an incredibly unsexy language. So like Lady Gaga again, when she takes her glasses off.

I had some form of cold for the first 5 weeks or so, but I'm over that now, thank God. There's only so many tissues you can use before you think of investing in a forest plantation or something.
An interesting thing about Denmark is Skittles are exceedingly rare, you can only really buy them at the airport, and TimTams are actually illegal. So feel free to send me some ASAP.
They play European Handball, as it was invented in Denmark, and to me it looks like like people playing soccer, only instead of kicking a big ball around they throw a tennis ball. It's alright, but I lost total respect for the sport when I saw one player who had to sit out because he bit his tongue. Like seriously, you are a sports player, man up a lil. No one has heard of AFL except people who play American Football, and they argue that it is a pussy sport... Until I tell them they play with no padding whatsoever. I don't bother to defend cricket.
I don't have to do any exams or test this year, which is absolutely awesome considering if I was at home I'd have to do 30 hours of exams throughout the course of the year... I think. Oh, and I only have two hours of math a week. Which is awesome.
Ok I'm pretty sure thats all I have to say... this post is going to end as awkwardly and abruptly as it started. So probably about now.
Bye!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment